SDTIBM in FIHA 2019
The Boa Vista and May Islands Development Society (SDTIBM) reports that it participated in the Forum for African Hotel Investment (FIHA), which took place in the Moroccan city of Marrakech, from 7 to 8 February 2019.
The Company’s participation in FIHA 2019 is the result of a strategic partnership established in 2015 with the organizers of this and other important competitions dedicated to world hotel investment, aimed at raising the awareness of the islands of Boa Vista and Maio with potential investors and the degree of effectiveness of the external promotion of the Company’s business.
The representation of the Company was assured by its Executive Director responsible for investment promotion, Dr. Rui Cardoso Santos (in the photographs), who spoke as speaker in the panel “Leisure Sector Learning: Tourism Balnear”. This intervention focused on:
- the role of Development Companies in the planning, infrastructures and management of tourist destinations, and in attracting private investment;
- the importance of territorial planning instruments (eg tourism planning plans);
- the importance of localized institutional support (eg via Development Partnerships) in relaying trust to the investor.
SDTIBM’s participation in FIHA 2019 also had the following objectives:
- Extend its network of SDTIBM contacts, in the executive sphere of the main hotel brands and financial groups that work in the global and regional hospitality, with a view to attracting new investments;
- Promote the islands of Boa Vista and Maio as tourist and investment destinations, emerging (Boa Vista) or potential (Maio), which offer extraordinary conditions for hotel investment, among them: law, economic freedom and property protection privacy, stability, ease of access from the main European emitting markets, and landscape and cultural wealth;
- Present and discuss concrete investment opportunities for investors and operators who are interested in expanding their activity to emerging or promising markets.